May 23, 2013

23.05.13 | BATH FASHION MUSEUM


Thanks to being the proud owner of a National Art Pass I get to go to lots of lovely places, this week being no exception as I met up with the lovely Fritha and Bonnie to take a visit to The Fashion Museum here in Bath.

I was especially excited about getting to see the current Dress of The Year (which is amazing!) but really the whole collection is beautiful &  I found learning how costume has evolved over time very interesting, especially when you spot themes popping up time and time again.
Reading about how certain designs came about or what inspired a fashion trend was thought-provoking to say the least - it even forced us to question our '90's fashion choices which were, erm... 'interesting' (consider this: my main fashion influence until about 1995 was Blossom!)

Looking at the Victorian dresses I was a bit shocked by how small the corsets were (ouch!) and equally amazed by how heavy the dresses were. Yes, you read that right we dressed up like the adults we are but sadly (totally on purpose) I didn't get any pics of me doing that ;) I did however take a few snaps of some of my favourite pieces.









The inspiration wall: past visitors have shared information of where you can find other collections.


I can't wait until the kids are on their summer break & I can start using my pass all over the country, there's SO MUCH out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment