March 22, 2012

WHAT WE ARE EATING: Pico de Gallo

I made some Pico de Gallo last night to go with our taco's & it was flippin' gorge. Total nom worthy food that ticked all my boxes - healthy, fresh, spicy & most importantly, it included corriander, which is my favourite ingredient of all time! I am totally obsessed, and eat it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  I'm going to have a crack at growing it at home this summer, although i've read that coriander is a bit of an arse to grow and i'm crap at growing stuff in general, but i'm going to give it a go anyway! Any tips?

Here's the recipe (adapted from Goop)

12 cherry toms (various colours) - quartered
2 tablespoons of corriander leaves - chopped
3 tablespoons of really really finely diced onion
1 de-seeded & chopped fresh red chilli (more if you're hard)
Juice of half a lime (more if you're me)
A good pinch of coarse sea salt

Combine your tomatoes, corriander, onion & chilli. Sprinkle with the salt, then dress with the lime. Then... you're pretty much done! Enjoy x



No comments:

Post a Comment