January 17, 2013

FOOD: BAKED SKINNY FRIES

Hands up who remembers Christmas? 
Meeeeeeee!
Do you know how I remember Christmas? I mean aside from the fact that it is only January 17th? 
Well, it's not because of the million new teeny weeny new Lego pieces i have to dig out of my bare feet constantly & it's not because my husbands bottle of Baileys is STILL sat in the sodding fridge. No, it's because Christmas is still happening here. Yup, Christmas is still sitting here big, loud and very proud ON MY THIGHS.
These jeans? Painful. My joggers? Bliss. My appetite? Enormous. 
Something had to give, so I made these. 
And they were delicious, so I'm happily sharing them with you safe in the knowledge that it is fine to eat chips in January. I made two batches, one with one less tsp of polenta and both worked well and were devoured within minutes!
Now, if i could only skinny up some hash browns....




For four (as a side) you will need:
Recipe from BBC Vegetarian Magazine
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1cm thick chips & patted dry.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fine polenta
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper

And you will need to do this:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200c / GM6.
2. Pour the oil onto a baking tray & pop in the oven for approx 3 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together your polenta, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt & blcak pepper.
4. Toss the chips into the mix & then add to the hot oiled baking tray. Shake Well.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, shaking well again after the first 20.
6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment