March 14, 2013

14.03.13 | CHIMICHURRI


I've got a bit of a thing at the moment for green food - lots & lots of green food. Maybe it's my body telling me that I should really be (at the very least) entertaining the idea of a post-holiday detox? Whatever it is, it had me googling for green recipes as you do - right?!

Ideally I wanted something zingy and fresh tasting that I could slather over a taco (of course I did - duh) or maybe something that the Mr could have with a big slab of caveman steak.

Then it hit me - BAM - before the hols i'd made a Chimichurri! It was goooooood. So i made it again and brought my camera along for the ride just in case it was just as good all over again. It was. Score!

So, c'mon get on board - it's almost Spring. Just ignore the fact that Chimichurri sounds a bit a lot like that chim chimney chim chim charoo song from Mary Poppins. That's in your head now isn't it? (oops, sorry)




You will need:
recipe from here.

- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed (always!)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper (approx 1/2 tsp)

And you will need to do this:

1. In a food processor pulse together your garlic and your salt until it forms a paste.
2. Add your coriander and parsley, and pulse again. You'll probably need to scrape down the sides  a few times to make sure its all combining well.
3. When mixed, transfer to a medium sized bowl & mix with the olive oil, lime juice, chilli flakes & black pepper. Set aside until you are ready to serve with either a good taco or a good sizzling steak.

Guess which option I went for? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment